Well I’ve officially started cooking a few meals here and there with my instant pot, and one of the ones I’ve been dying to try is Mongolian Beef. Mongolian beef is hard for me to eat because it’s typically has gluten in it and is loaded in sugar ( you might as well eat a Snickers bar). I scoured the internet to find something, but there wasn’t anything out there. SO I decided to make my own.
What you’ll Need:
*2LB Organic Grass-Fed Flap Meat or Flank Steak
*1.5 TBSP Corn Starch
*1/2 cup Steviva Ketosesweet Sweetener
*1TBSP Garlic Powder or 8 Cloves crushed
*1/2 Cup coco aminos (this is what will replace the soy sauce and is the only source of sugar for this recipe)
*1&1/2 Cup Water
*2TBSP Distilled Vinegar
*1TBSP Himalayan Sea Salt
*1/4 cup Avocado Oil
For Extra Thickness
*2TBSP Corn Starch
*1/2 Cup Water
How to make the Mongolian Beef.
- Slice the meat in thin slices so that they can be easily cooked & enjoyed. See the picture below on what it should look like.
- Once all the meat has been sliced, place it in a Ziploc bag and mix in the 1&1/2 TBSP Corn Starch. Make sure you mix it very well so that each piece of meat is coated in Corn Starch.
- In a separate bowl mix in the water, coco aminos, garlic, Ketosesweet sweetener Himalayan sea salt and distilled vinegar. Mix Well.
- You will need to sear the meat. You can do it on the stove top in a pan using Avocado Oil or in the Instant Pot. If you choose the instant pot, put just enough avocado oil to coat the bottom of the pot. Then heat up your pressure cooker by pressing Sauté. Then click on the Adjust button and select More to get the Sauté More function. Wait for the Instant Pot indicator to read HOT.
- Once the meat is seared, place it into the instant pot (if it’s not there already) and add in the bowl that has the water, coco aminos, garlic, Ketosesweet sweetener, Himalayan Sea Salt and distilled vinegar. STIR WELL until everything is coated in sauce.
- Close lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 8 minutes and then allow a 10 minute Natural Release. Turn it off and manually release the remaining pressure.
- If you want the sauce to be thicker, in a separate bowl mix in the 2TBSP corn starch with the 1/2 cup of water until mixed. Then take this mix and place it in the instant pot and mix well with the dish. Keep stirring until it’s all mixed in. For extra thickening saute the mixture for 3 minutes on medium heat (either in the instant pot or on the stove).
- Serve over rice and garnish with green onions with a side of your favorite veggie.