This past weekend marked something incredible that happened in Los Angeles – The LA Baby Show. Owned and presented by the family-friendly group that does the New York Baby show, it was a smashing success. The event took place downtown at the Magic Box at the Reef on November 5-6th, 2016.
Upon arrival the big baby chair in the parking lot welcomed you, and many smiles as you stood to get your ticket. You were then whisked up to the second floor where it opened up to a smorgasbord of companies excited to share and sell their products with you! From brands like UPPAbaby, Baby Björn, Nuna, Britax, B.Box, Babyzen, iPlay, Ju-Ju-Be, Munchkin, OXO Tot, to new brands that are using this show as a platform to launch their new products!
On top of the stroll through the clay-looking corridors (so much nicer than pipe and drape), you are treated with educational seminars, celebrity sightings, and of course the opportunity to SHOP!
The parents of Los Angeles were thrilled to have something like this come to LA, and even Mayor Garcetti was excited to join us. Check me out chatting with him about my Celebrity Red CARpet Event (that also takes place in LA. See more info about that HERE).
Here are some products and brands that really stood out to me this time:
1) Babyzen Yoyo+ Stroller – This stroller is amazing. It’s at the mid-range price point, and folds down so small that you can carry it on an airplane. It conveniently comes with a travel case for you to slip the stroller in as well.
2) Evomov Nomi Chair – This new high chair is designed by the same guy who did the Trip Trapp chair from Stokke. It is designed to be used from 6 months up to “teenager”, and can even be used from newborn with the newborn attachment (extra accessory to purchase). It comes in many color combinations and is tested up to 280 lbs. It’s designed to be able to pull up to the dinner table with the family to create more of a community during mealtimes.
3) UPPAbaby Mesa Infant Car Seat – This car seat has all the bells and whistles of the original Infant seat, but now is made from a Merino Wool blend which makes it naturally flame resistant. The head piece has the SIP (side impact protection) technology, and comes with a no re-thread harness.
4) B.Box Travel Bib – How innovative! A bib that comes with a silicone spoon and a food catcher (which becomes the pouch you place the dirty bib and spoon in when done). No more mess. No more zip-lock bags.
5) Baby Björn Travel Crib – This crib opens up so easily (within 30 seconds) and can be put away in the same amount of time. It comes with the frame and mattress, which folds away conveniently in a travel case. It’s durable enough to survive many plane rides as a checked bag. It is super light-weight and comes in a different colors.
6) Clek Foonf with Infant Thingy – The Clek Foonf is a convertible car seat that allows for extended rear facing till 50 pounds! The seat alone takes littles from 14 pounds AND littles with the ability to sit up un assisted. With the infant thingie, this seat can be used from infant till 50 pounds rear-facing, or 25 pounds to 65 pounds forward-facing.
7) Be A Good Cookie – this grass-roots company helps to raise awareness and funds for childhood cancer research. Anyone can host a bake sale, and give the proceeds to this foundation. I mean, who doesn’t love a good bake sale, right?
See you next year LA Baby Show!